Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 2 in Stung Meanchey


Wow! time is going by really fast with Elder Khlot in Stung Meanchey. I've been here for about two weeks now and it has flown by. It is already August. The work is going well. It blows my mind that it has been 3 years since I was in OHS football camp, holy cow. 
Yesterday we were suppossed to have a baptism but it did not happen. Hopefully he will be baptized soon. Yesterday we did have a confirmation. In here the baptisms are on Sunday after church and the confirmation a week later. 

This ward has a ton of recent converts, and many of them are less-active. :( But there are still a lot of recent converts who are faithful and great. So we are doing a lot of recent convert work. We have about 4 or 5 that have been baptized pretty recently  But this week we did get a few new investigators, so hopefully they will progress. 

Cool story, last night about 7:30 p.m. we didn't have anything to do, so we were biking around and contacting and this guy calls out to us. At first I thought it was just a drunk or a punk kid, but we stopped and talked to him and the first thing he asked was, "How much does it cost for you to teach me about Jesus Christ?"  We told him nothing, for free!!!!! Then he said, "right now I work in the daytime on Sunday, but I am willing to change my schedule to go to church." Holy cow, that has never happened to me where someone was so willing to learn and to sacrifice. We are meeting him at 7 tonight, and I have high hopes. 
 
For food we eat out almost everyday. There is this one place with unlimited rice and you order a meal for only 1.63$ And it is pretty yummy. My new craving is chocolate milk, last week I bought some. It was like the necter of heaven. This week I am going to buy a ton! 

Oh, on a down note while I was emailing last week my bike got stolen.... But thankfully the mission policy is that when a bike gets stolen you only have to pay $10 and the rest is paid by the mission. And I got a nice new bike so it is all good. :) (I have never locked my bike before, but now I do.) 

I love being a missionary. I decided I just love missionary work, getting less-actives to church, finding people, teaching people is just awesome and I love it. I am part of the great and marvelous work. Being a missinoary is awesome!

Love,
Edward
Battambang District

Trash mountain area


The main road into Stung Meanchey

Branch Presidency in Battambang

Member family in Battambang



Elder & Sister Zemp, senior couple in Battambang


No comments:

Post a Comment