Monday, November 17, 2014

Dry Feet and A Couple of Good Investigators

Well this week was pretty good. Elder Asay and I really worked hard.  And I feel that this week we worked very  hard. We contacted a cool guy, he cuts hair and he believes in Buddhism and Christianity. Most people here think that religion is more like guidelines of life so more than one can be correct. He was really cool and when we visited him after the two days of the initial contact he already read to chapter four in 1 Nephi. Our other investigators are doing well. We are hoping for two baptisms on Nov. 30th. One is pretty solid and progressing very well. Seriously no problems with him. The other is a teenager and is a son of a moderately active member. So he is on the border, but we will see what happens. 

Yesterday was great at church. A lot of less actives and recent converts came, it was great! I taught 2nd hour, Gospel Essentials. And third hour was awesome. The elders quorum president who has been a member for a little over a year gave his testimony. He was the guy I wrote about last week who had no food. He was like, "I left my old church were they were paying me 130 dollars a month just to teach at church on sat and sun. And came to this church which I get no salary. But the blessings that God blesses me are my salary. This church is so much better than...then he names off Buddhims and a bunch of other christian religions" His favorite scripture his in Matthew where it says seek first the kingdom of God, then the other things that you need will be given to you. He is a boss.

Buddha actually said that there would be another come after him that would be more holy than him, and would be the last. And he would have scars in his feet and hands. Once I saw a picture of a monk looking guy with scars like Jesus so ya cool stuff.  
The rain is ended and both I and Elder Asay are happy about it. Riding through flooded streets and having our feet always wet gets old after a while. :)  

Every day we usually teach a lesson in the morning at 11:00. Eat lunch. Have one lesson between the hours of 1:00-5:00 and we do a lot of contacting in the afternoon. And from 5:00-8:00 we have three lessons. The early afternoon are rough hours, and we pretty much contact the whole time during those hours. But the barber dude we found during those hours so it can still be somewhat productive.
For thanksgiving we are going to the senior couples house, the Belchers.  They are cool and nice. And they said we'll actually be having turkey and thanksgiving food. Not to be ungrateful, but last years ham sandwich did not fulfill my Thanksgiving crave. :) But this year will be much awesome.
 
We have an investigator who is super Buddhist. He likes meeting with us but nothing sinks in. No matter what we tell him or ask him, he just responds the same way. But hopefully the Spirit will chip away at him a little by little. 

This week I was sick on Wed. First time taking a full day off of proselyting from being sick. And first time throwing up on the mission. I think it was food poisoning. I slept all day. But now I am feeling great and back to my normal self. 
Our bikes broke down to we took a ride on a Tuk Tuk.











A selfie with Elder Asay





From the courtyard of the chapel.

Elders from the zone eating lunch.

Elder Asay eating lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment