Monday, July 7, 2014

Record Setting Church Attendance



Well another week in Battambang. Overall things are going very well. The branch yesterday had 140 members attend. That is a record! About 3 weeks ago for zone conference we made branch attendance goals for July. The highest this year was 118, but that was back in Jan. Since I've been here that highest was about 108. And we set a goal for 150 which was super high, but we were all excited to do it. Last week was 120 which was great, and this week was 140! Super awesome. We still have three more weeks to get 150. Yesterday I bore my testimony and I told all the members about the goal and that we only needed 10 more to get the goal, and encouraged them to keep coming. Because we have a lot of once a monthers. (thumbs down) So overall the branch is doing great. The new branch president is a boss.
I love the Fourth of July, I arranged an early morning pancake breakfast. It was super fun. We listened to American songs and to Marthin Luther King Jr.'s famous speech. It was fun. For lunch we had pizza and ice cream. And at night I was going to burn some trash on our upstairs patio but I was too tired after a long day (phew), but overall it was fun.

Fourth of July Ice Cream Party (Before)

(After)





Repair work on Elder Brewer's bike.



Edward's Study Area--Post-It Note Heaven! 

At the barber shop waiting for a hair cut.

With a member of the branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment