Monday, October 21, 2013

New Investigators, Cyst Removal, Hamburgers and Donuts.

Right now we have four progressing investigators, which is great! Before we had about one. So the work is getting better. 

Conference was great! It felt like I have 3 preparation days in a row. All the talks were great. My favorites: both of Elder Uchtdorf's talks and Elder Edward Dube (not just because he has my name hehe). Well, honestly I liked a ton! I can't name them all. But a lot of really good talks.  I really felt the Lord loves for me. He knows my weaknesses. Even though I can still do better and I am striving to get us working harder. I felt the Lord accepts my covenant. I just felt full of hope, that the lord will fulfill his promises to me. 


This week I went to see the doctor a lot. The first time they drained all the puss that was inside the cyst. And they cut it open a little more and drained it more. But it wasn't the classic doctors visit. Usually at the doctor everything is super professional. This one for Cambodia was honestly really good, but sometimes my doctor (a small asian woman who could speak english) would ask the nurse for supplies and the nurse didn't know what the heck the doctor was talking about. What was really nerve racking is when the nurse brought over the cutting equipment and just dumped it on the little table next to me. The nurse looked like he had no idea what he was doing, and the doctor kept having to tell him what he was doing wrong or kept telling him to get things, that he didn't know existed. So to begin the doctor gave me a shot to numb it up, but she was the worst shot giver ever, she stabbed it in and was moving it around in my leg, it hurt so bad! And it really didn't even work because when she started cutting my leg a little it hurt a ton! She saw me flinch so she gave me another shot which hurt like crazy. That one finally worked though because it only hurt about half as much afterwards. But honestly everything went great. I have to go in and the clean the wound and redress it every other day, probably for another week, cause now I just have a big crevasse on my leg. But the good news my stupid big cyst is gone. Tell Sam he'll be happy, he hated that thing. 




Pretty scenery near the home of a member of the brach.



Clean study desk.


Saturday we found this place that is called USA Donuts. They sell hamburgers and donuts. And I had a hamburger and it was like an classic American hamburger it was delicious! And the donut too! It was a taste of home. And on Saturday I got a haircut, like dad and Ethan, but they left the top way too long. But I thought it looked fine, but that night I hated it, so I grabbed a pair of scissors went to the bathroom and cut it. And now it looks great! Obviously not a movie star haircut but it looks good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment