Monday, March 9, 2015

Baptism!

This week was great! 
Yesterday an new convert got baptized and it went well. She is awesome. Monday night we had to teach her a lot to get her ready for baptism.
Wednesday was zone conference, my last one! And Elder Gong came, he is president of our area. It went really well. We talked a lot about talking with everyone, lesson one and the Book of Mormon. Elder Gong's wife had everyone write down two things they liked and two things they didn't like about their comp and she read the lists with us. They were really interesting. 

Another good thing about zone conference is that all the provinces came up to Siam Reap, and I got to see all the elders in my group but one. 

This week the AP's our coming and my old comp Elder Brewer is coming on exchange with me.

Last Sat there was an couple about the age of 50, they have lots of free time Sat and Sun and they are looking for something to improve their lives. We taught them a short lesson and they came to church the next day. We will hopefully meet them again next week. I think that he will become the first stake president in Siam Reap! 

Yesterday at church went well. we had 75 people come and for our branch that is super good. Last week we had a little over 50. And we had a meeting before and the branch president was thinking about some new counselors and I suggested a less active man who is starting to come back, and he came and the was  interviewed by the branch president...not about being a counselor but about receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood, hopefully it encouraged him not scarred him. 
The principle dude is making progress. He still says he doesn't believe in God but this last time we met him he had a different attitude about learning and his prayer was more sincere, he is getting there. He has faith he just doesn't realize it...... yet. :) 

Last night I had deja vu from my first area, we were teaching this drunk less-active in low lights, dusk in a jungly area with monks chanting in the background. That is when I start thinking again, I'm in Narnia! 
A random scenic picture.






Our senior sister missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment