Monday, October 13, 2014

New Companion


"Right now I am surrounded by probably 25 kids playing video games haha. Our bikes broke down and we had to email at another place while our bikes get fixed--a little annoying.  

Well last Friday Elder Khlot ended his mission, and I picked up my trainee. His name is Spencer Asay. He is from Mapleton Utah, so not too far away from our neck of the woods. He graduated from Maple Mountain High School in May 2014. He is tall, a little taller than me. This is the first time I have been shorter than my comp. He played football, outside line backer like me. He is super cool, He already knows the language quite well. I am pretty impressed. I already can tell he is a hard worker, and smart, and humble too, willing to take advice from me. So I am super pumped for these next two transfers. I was really nervous at first, but I am getting more confident, and things are improving! 
Conference was great! I loved it. Can't wait till next time (if you know what I mean... :) ) The church is powerful, awesome and so true! 

We had a investigator whose faith really grew this week. He was doing well before the holiday but when the holiday hit we lost contact with him, and he stopped answering his phone so we worried that he lost interest. But I met with him once again before Elder Khlot left and we read some of Alma 32 with him about what true faith is, and it was a great lesson. Then the next lesson he felt that his prayer was answered, and he was asking us, "So when are you coming back to teach me?" And he was saying that he was going to go to church next week. (yesterday he couldn't go because he had a big project at work.) So that is great. We picked up another potential investigator. On Saturday we taught him the POS, and when we talked about the Atonement, and then baptism, I could see the spirit touch his heart and he got really interested! It was super cool seeing him go from little interest, to really wanting to get baptized. He has never heard of the concept of baptism before but he accepted a date for it. We are planning them both for Nov. 9th. So we are hoping they will continue progressing! "


Edward did not tell us who these people are, but they must be members of his district.

It's nice to see dry land!



No comments:

Post a Comment