Monday, February 17, 2014

Hot in Batambang


Well another week has gone by, and I am happy to announce that things are going well. Really well. I am not going to lie, I was a little worried about this new area and my new assignment. But honestly things are doing great. Like for real. We follow the rules and our area is doing great. I am super happy. I honestly thought that this would be a super hard transfer, but it is turning out to be a great one. The branch is sicknasty. We have a lot of investigators. I am adjusted now to the new house. (even though we don't have water 80% of the time, showing with a bucket really isn't that bad, and it is a fun experience to have.) It is super awesome. Elder Kim is a good missionary. So I am happy. Sad news, our recent convert just went to Thailand from anywhere from 1 to 2 years, :(. But she promised she would come back and continue going to church. but her husband is staying, which is good. But it was cool, the husband was talking last night, and said, "Even though right now I am super busy and I need to go to Phnom Penh a lot, I know that this church is true. Because when we all went to church I could feel harmony in our family." so that is super cool. 


Today we our going to hike a mountain, called Phnom Sopouv. Im excited I think it will be fun. The downside is that we can't see the coolest part, which is at dusk thousands of bats fly out, but that is okay, it will still be fun to hang out with the zone, and climb a mountain, I'll for sure get pictures of that.
It has been a lot hotter in Battambong. A couple days ago, I walked outside of the house and before I finished putting the lock on the door I was sweating :). 
More photos next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment