Monday, June 17, 2013

Understanding the Language Better & A Good Samaritan

June 17, 2013 
"This week, was the first time I could understand the natives, not a lot, but sometimes I could actually understand whole conversations not 100% but enough to know what is going on. Before I could never understand full sentences spoken by Cambodians, but the gift of tongues is working and I am getting better at the language."

"I really like our investigators. Especially this one guy: Puu Oon, He is super awesome. It took him only a week to quit smoking, and it is cool seeing him improve through the gospel."
"A miracle happened this week. I bought some bread then was heading to our next item of business and a native on a motto about a couple minutes later drove up to me and got my attention, I stopped and she handed me my wallet! I don't know how it happened, if it fell out of my pocket or I left it there I am not sure, but truly a miracle. I am going to be super careful with it for now own. Wow God is watching over me. But that is the theme I have learned from this week. I know that God is with me, and He is answering my prayers."
"We biked a lot this week, we have someone we are working with to help him get the preisthood, and he is about 15 kilometers away (it takes about 50 min to get there, and 50 min back.) and we have a recent convert on the island with the bamboo bridge that we teach about 35 min away. So this week, I have biked a ton"

"We were helping these people clear away growth from their field. We were using machetes and sickles. It was very hot and I was sweating tons. It was good."
Elder Plothow

No comments:

Post a Comment