Monday, April 21, 2014

Cambodian New Year and Happy Easter!



Cumriapsua! Krom Kruasa! Well happy Easter everyone! I hope you all had a great day! Yesterday I forgot it was Easter until the branch president told me. But for you it is still Easter so happy Easter! We didn't do anything for Easter, which is fine, sometimes special activities are too distracting and do more harm than good. 

Well, last night was transfer calls. My companion is leaving and is going to my first area, Kampong Cham 2. And I am getting a new comp! His name is Elder Brewer.  He has just finished training, and he is American. So this will be his 3rd transfer in the country. I hear he is really a really hard worker.

This last week Cambodians celebrated their New Year. It is a three day holiday so we could not do missionary work. It is not so fun doing paper work and hanging around in the apartment. But I'm looking forward to working really hard this week!

Last week we got 3 new investigators. We inherited them from other missionaries when they found out that they lived in our area. Two of the investigators will be baptized either a week from Saturday or in two weeks. They are awesome. Two older men who are retired who want to join the church. They have already been to church 4 weeks in a row. They even came to general conference. So that is sweet.


Harvesting peanuts for a service activity. A mango tree in the background. I love mangoes.


This was supposed to be a 7 km ride, but it turned out to be 21 km!





No comments:

Post a Comment